Hi Everyone,

I am currently reviewing the DNS records for the organization I work for and have one area I would like other peoples thoughts on. Would there ever be a situation where you need to have multiple A records pointing to the same IP Address?

Currently we have a small number of cases where one IP Address has multiple A Records. This seems like a bad idea to me and I would replace these records with cnames. But I am meeting resistance to this. As far as I can think right now if you have one correctly configured A record with a matching reverse entry and then use cnames there shouldn't be any cases where you must add a second A record. Or am I missing something ?