Ruslan Sivak wrote:
David G. Mackay wrote:
On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 10:30 +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
Thank you for your input. I can't justify exchange (and don't want MS) for 10 users. I do want IMAP though, and the calendar & address book would be nice. This IMO has nothing todo with CentOS though, but at the same time it shouldn't be limited to which Linux distro I'm using. As you have said I may need to look at file system clustering instead, but have never attempted it, so I don't know where to begin even. I know a lot of MTA's can support a central user DB, but that won't sync the emails. And this won't be a commercial installation either, it's for a for a project in a rural community about 700km's from me, so it's more a matter of if 1 server dies / crashes / packes up, and I can only get to it 5 days later, the mail server still works :)

You might take a look at SquirrelMail.  It integrates well with cyrus
imap.

Dave

I'm not sure why nobody has asked this yet, but why not try hosted GMail instead? It's free and you can use it with your domain name. We currently run a linux based mail server, but are thinking of migrating over to hosted GMail, and have one so for a few clients already with no problems.

Russ
Simple, you need to be connected to the internet 24/7 to use something like hosted gmail :) Not everyone has 24/7 broadband internet

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com