Jerry Geis wrote:
>>/
/>>/ now do:
/>>/
/>>/ i586 text mem=128
/>>/
/>>/ />/ when I do "i586 text mem=128" it says cant find kernel
/>/ so I do "linux i586 text mem=128" and I get the same behavior
/>/ and reboot.
/>/ />/ Am I not correctly specifying the kernel yet? />/ /
Are you sure this is a CD-1 and not a ServerCD ???

i586 text

THAT should work
Sure enough I had the centos 4 server CD, I looked deaper and got the CD disk 1 out of my pack
and "i586 text" does a BUNCH more... thanks.

Now I see on the screen that hda is discovered on the IDE interface as a 1 GIG device.
The last 2 lines printed are:

Cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown block (8,3)
kernel panic not syncing unable to mount root.

What do I do with that?

Everything above that looks normal as detect PS/2 etc...

Jerry