on 7-8-2008 1:34 PM Scott Silva spake the following:
on 7-8-2008 9:58 AM Robert - elists spake the following:
I'm having some trouble getting reverse zones right on 5.2. The zone files
worked fine on a CentOS 4.6 machine, and the forward zones moved to the
new
server seem OK. But for some reason I can't get anything but servfail's on
remote queries to the machine. But for some reason they will answer fine
if I
run "host ip.ad.dr.ess" on the local machine. I stopped the firewall to
help
debug this, but it still fails.

Bind is listening on all the machines ip addresses.

Anything at all in the logs when you stop and start bind, or otherwise ?

 - rh
Just a refused notify request on a different domain. Otherwise bind is listening on all interfaces.

This is strange, because if I run "host 208.252.226.196" on the local server it resolves fine, but the outside world can't see it. But I can run host on the domain name and it answers fine. I see new bind patches going to the mirrors, I'll see what happens. I'll also try a reboot in case something is stopping bind from actually passing traffic on that interface properly.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and