David Hrbáč wrote:
Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
The point is that it's required for some dependency in that repo, and the other thing you asked about was not required.

We are not trying to replace DAG or EPEL in centosplus or centos-extras ... so the only things that are in there are things that are absolutely required for repo closure if the repo itself.

In this particular case:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# repoquery --repoid=centosplus --repoid=extras --repoid=base --repoid=updates --whatrequires "php-pear(MDB2)"

php-pear-Log-0:1.9.9-1.el4.centos.noarch

So, we needed php-pear-MDB2 to be able to use php-pear-Log ... and that is required by 2 other packages in the Plus repo, so that is why its there.

Johnny,
MDB2 is optional dependency for Log and it comes with dependency for DB driver. MDB2 id database abstraction layer, without drivers it does nothing and Log is not able to log to database via MDB2. So, there's really no point of providing only MDB2 package.

That may be true, however, the way the RPMS are set up, it is showing up as a require to install the Log rpm to have php-pear-MDB2 installed ... I did not write the spec file, I just built it.

So, it is there because if I do a repo closure, it has to be there.

If you can't find the other RPMS in other places I can add them ... but I have to have repoclosure.