Akemi Yagi wrote:
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Robert Moskowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well it was that make rpm command that finally failed.  And sudo was the
problem.  I got a message something like:

Assuming that you are in /etc/sudoers!!!!

And then asked for a password.

Which password?  My userid or root's?  I tried both and after 3 tries got:

me is not in sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
removing '/home/me/rpmbuild/BUILD/hipl--main--2.6/hipl-1.0.4'

So I look at /etc/sudoers and do not understand what I am suppose to do
there.

A bit of help would be greatly appreciated!

Here:

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BecomingRoot#head-5a98c43bd135904d720095ff461d52aa7b5
Thanks.

That got me a little further. Error I am getting now, is most likely something within the build and I have to get with my colleague. Needing a directory under /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.11531

sigh. This is NOT easy.