Akemi Yagi wrote:
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Dunc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dunc wrote:
Hi Guys

I'm trying to add the patch mentioned in this thread to the plain Centos
kernel

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-August/062845.html

I've followed the directions on the wiki for building a custom kernel, but
after applying all the patches it fails with:

make[1]: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 4
make: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.74263 (%prep)

RPM build errors:
  Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.74263 (%prep)
Just to follow up on this, the patch meant nonint_oldconfig was expecting
some more config options in the .config.

I had to add:

CONFIG_PATA_ISAPNP=n
CONFIG_PATA_LEGACY=n
CONFIG_PATA_QDI=n
CONFIG_PATA_WINBOND_VLB=n

to the base and PAE configs, and then the build continued. No idea if
putting n was the right option, but I'm sure i'll find out when I run the
kernel..

Hmm, that is odd.  If you copy the config file from configs/
directory, make nonint_oldconfig should run without any needing for
edit.
You would think that, but the configs in the config directory do not contain those options, and it wouldn't build without them.

either way the build has just failed with:

"make: *** [drivers] Error 2 + exit 1"

any ideas?

Dunc