On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, RobertH wrote:

Any 4.7 update issues or horror stories yet?

Part of the QA which I mentioned earlier in the week was looking for problems. This late in point respins of the 4 series, however, nothing major comes to mind from the looking we did during that testing.

It should 'just work' and once it is out a few days (and the ISO pull load and 'chunky' updates load passes -- I see 130 packages being touched in one production mail and name server), the deferred updates are next on the docket of major things to look for in the 4 series.

The only one of some consequence that sticks out is the 'bind' series one, with the fixed source port (but as this was never a CentOS default option setting, not likely to happen to a person 'unknowngly'), and so all that major. The libxml2 update is the other which needs a bit of assessment, but again, it is not what I think of as a 'major' matter.

-- Russ herrold