Rudi Ahlers wrote:
I had machine that would crash about once every week or two in normal
operation. Memtest86+ found an error in the 2nd day of running.  The worst
part was that it left the raid mirrors in a strange state that caused
occasional problems for months even after replacing the RAM.

--

Did you leave memtest86+ running for 2 days? I thought 1 or 2 cycles
would be good enough?

I'm hoping to pick-up the server in the next 2 hours then I can see
what happens when I run memtest86+ or other tests

Yes, apparently RAM errors can be subtle and only appear when certain adjacent bit patterns are stored - or when the moon is in a certain phase or something.

--
  Les Mikesell
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]