On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 01:22:58PM -0800, John R Pierce wrote:

> how do you know this is the problem, and the motherboard hasn't croaked
> in some OTHER 10+ year old crusty mobo fashion ?

        Because the original poster specifically stated that the
        box had failed video ram in it? :)  While possible that there
        are other issues at play, I can only go by the information
        provided by the orignal poster.

        I've never seen a motherboard from that era that could bypass
        failed video memory POST results - YMMV.

                                                        John

--
"Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies non-comformity; and
non-comformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyality -- so obviously