Tru Huynh a écrit :
> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 03:03:00PM +0200, Georghy wrote:
>
>> (1)Download that driver :
>> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3117&DwnldID=18570&lang=fra
>> from the intel support web site
>>

> You should have started your installation with "linux dd" and the initrd would
> have been automatically created for you... (if xenserver works as CentOS-5)

linux dd doesn't work, because linux label isn't in the boot
configuration of XenServer (I tried)
> http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18570/eng/ESRT2_RHEL4-5_SLES9-10-11_ver.13.13.1021.2009_Readme.txt
>
> 3.1.3 Installing RHEL5 (with or without Update 1, Update 2, Update 3, Update
> 4) on RAID
> -----------------
>
> In order to support XEN mode, the system needs to have its Virtualization
> feature enabled in BIOS as a first step, and XEN software package in the OS
> needs to be loaded during installation.
>
> 1) Create a RAID array using the Intel(R) Embedded Server RAID Technology II
> RAID BIOS Console.
> 2) Connect USB floppy drive and insert the floppy disk with RAID driver
> 3) Boot your system using RHEL5.0 DVD
> 4) At boot prompt type "linux dd noprobe=ata1 noprobe=ata2 noprobe=ata3
> noprobe=ata4"

I tried this one too, but linux label is not recognized
> 5) And then you'll see a page that shows "loading usb-storage driver", and
> then it will ask you "Do you have a driver disk". Choose "Yes"

I tried but the system didn't find my drivers with this solution, so I
tried an insmod then it worked, my raid disk was recognized
> 6) Then it will ask you which one do you choose as a driver disk, choose
> "sda" which is the USB floppy disk. And then click OK to continue, you'll see
> the message "Reading driver disk",  after it finishes, it will ask "Do you
> wish to load any more driver disks?" choose No if you do not have any more
> driver to load.
> 7) (If XEN mode feature is needed, the OS installatng KEY is necessary and
> then XEN software package needs to be loaded)  Then continue with the RHEL
> automatic installation, you can see that in the page where we select drives
> to use for installation, you can only see 1 disk (Intel MegaSR), this means
> the raid is recognized.

Xen is always enabled on XenServer, I see 1 disk Intel megasr thanks to
my "insmod"
> 8) At the last step of the installation (after all the packages are
> installed) RHEL5 prompts you to reboot. Do not click reboot button. Press
> Ctr+Alt+F2 to go to the text console prompt.
> 9) type "cat /proc/partitions" you will see some info about the partition.
> For example, you might find several rows, one row might include sdb. You
> might find like this
>
> major minor   #blocks name
> 8     16      1440    sdb
>
> 10) type "mknod /dev/sdb b 8 16"  (8 and 16 are copied from the major and
> minor numbers in step #9, so that the numbers could change according to what
> is seen in step #9)

what is the goal of this step ?
> 11) type "mkdir /temp"
> 12) type "mount /dev/sdb /temp"
> 13) type "ls /temp" and you can find all the driver files are now in /temp
> 14) Use cd command to enter /temp directory
> 15) type "./replace_ahci.sh" to execute the script. It will remove ahci from
> /etc/modprobe.conf and blacklist ahci in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
> (replace_ahci.sh is also an example, and please implement the script even if
> the *.sh is with other name).

I've already tried to launch replace_ahci at the begining of the
install, it doesn't work, but i'll try it at the end of the install thanks
> installation.
>
> Tru

Cordialement, / Greetings,
Georghy FUSCO