Johan Scheepers wrote:
Good day,

What can I expect if I should install a server version of a distro on my laptop, please.

Thanks
Johan
Hi Johan,
Pretty much the same as installing it on any other system.
I run CentOS on multiple servers at home and my small business (5 last count)
as well as on two workstations - dual monitors on nvidia graphics adaptors
as well as on a Sony laptop.
All CentOS 5.5 at this date and most functions on the laptop work - the suspend / hibernate doesn't seem to work reliably but all the other hardware including battery monitor and wireless (broadcom in this case was a challenge but it does work).
Please note I use NetworkManager only on the laptop.
HTH
Rob