On 18/01/2011 15:34, Drew Weaver wrote:
Ah, it is a PCI card and there is only one PCI slot..

-Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-boun...@centos.org [mailto:centos-boun...@centos.org] On Behalf Of
Giles Coochey
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:24 AM
To: centos@centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Intel DH67BL + CentOS 5.5 IRQ #177 nobody cared

On 18/01/2011 15:22, Drew Weaver wrote:
Hello,

We have built a couple of CentOS 5.5 systems on the Intel DH67BL
(Sandy Bridge) motherboard and overall they work pretty well.

I'm having one problem which keeps cropping up and that is an error
message that says:

IRQ 177 nobody cared (try booting with the irqpoll option)

report bad irq, references CPU idle

then it references usb_hcd_irq and e1000_intr

then it disables the add-on PCI E1000 card and disconnects itself from
the network.

I'm assuming what is happening here is the USB controller and the
add-on E1000 controller we put in are having an old school IRQ
conflict, the question is why and how can I avoid it?

I have tried disabling all of the extra stuff in the BIOS that I
could, and this still happens fairly frequently.

Any advice would be great.

Have you tried putting one of the cards in a different slot?

Does the BIOS allow you to manually set a IRQ to the PCI line?

--
Best Regards,

Giles Coochey
NetSecSpec Ltd