On Fri, 4 Nov 2011, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 10:15 AM, KevinO <ke...@kevino.org> wrote:
anyways, whatever, yes, you can do it with iptables, but not all off the
shelf firewall script generators will support multiple LAN subnets.   I
usually write my own iptables rulesets.

I can say first hand that fwbuilder easily handles managing scripts for multiple
subnets and aliased addressing on NIC's. I use separate interface cards for each
subnet, however. (5 NIC's, 4 internal subnets, 3 public IP's on the one external
facing NIC)

Hi Kevin,
Expanding my original question.
I have a need to open and close iptables rules based on particular
time, say 1 week later, 1 month later, etc.
Currently I have a simple script to do that:
- Create the rules.
- Create atd job to delete the rule based on the defined time.
- Log it.
It works, but not elegant :)

Does fwbuilder have that function?

Fwbuilder does indeed have time objects in it, although I have never used them.

The docs at http://fwbuilder.org are pretty extensive and the devs hang out on
the mailing lists and regularly answer questions or provide pointers to the
relevant docs.

Hope this helps.

--
Tom                     m...@tdiehl.org         Spamtrap address