On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 20:59 +0100, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> On 11/16/2011 08:53 PM, Sage Weil wrote:
> > Ooh, that would certainly make things less annoying for me as well.
> > Unless that's contrary to some debian policy/best practice, Laszlo?
 Will check Debian policy. I think init scripts in other packages use a
variable in /etc/default/<package> like no_restart_on_upgrade .
On the other hand, I think init script may check if ceph is running or
not. If not, it should not start it. Leaving it running while ceph is
upgraded would be a bad idea. You would miss configuration file changes
and realize that it broke your node at random times when ceph is
restarted for any reason.

> Laszlo, have you been able to look at this yet?
 Ouch, haven't seen this thread yet. Hope that I can answer in detail
soon.

Laszlo/GCS