On Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Damien Churchill wrote:
> On 18 April 2012 21:41, Greg Farnum <gregory.far...@dreamhost.com
> (mailto:gregory.far...@dreamhost.com)> wrote:
> > That should get everything back up and running. The one sour note is that
> > due to the bug in the past, your data (ie, filesystem) and vmimages pools
> > have gotten conflated. It shouldn't cause any issues (they use very
> > different naming schemes), but they're tied together in terms of
> > replication and the raw pool statistics.
> > (If that's important you can create a new pool and move the rbd images to
> > it.)
>

> Thanks a lot Greg!
>
> All back up and running now. What negative side effects could having
> the pools mixed together have, given that I'm not doing any special
> placement of them?

There shouldn't be any negative side effects from it at all. It just means that
you've got a mixed namespace, and if you don't care about that none of our
current tools do either. (Something like the still-entirely-theoretical
ceph-fsck probably wouldn't appreciate it, but we don't have anything like that
right now.)