On 09/05/2012 09:40 AM, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl> wrote:
I also thought it is on the roadmap to not read /etc/ceph/ceph.conf by
default with librbd/librados to take away these kind of issues.

Hmm. I'm not intimately familiar with librbd, but it seems it just
takes RADOS ioctx as an argument, and as far as I know (/can
experiment in 2 minutes) you definitely have a choice of whether
librados reads a config file or not..

rbd the command line tool does read a config file by default; pass
--conf=/dev/null to prevent that, then pass what ever config options
you need to set as --foo-bar=baz.

That's right, all the configuration is done by calls to the
rados_conf_* functions [1] before calling rados_connect. It
looks like the libvirt storage pool doesn't call
rados_conf_read_file(cluster, NULL), so it won't read /etc/ceph/ceph.conf.

Josh

[1] http://ceph.com/docs/master/api/librados/#rados_conf_read_file