On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Gregory Farnum <g...@inktank.com> wrote:

> Just glanced over this, and I'm curious:
> 1) Why symlink another reference to your file_layout.h?

I followed the same pattern as page.h in librados, but may have
misunderstood its use. When libcephfs.h is installed, it includes

  #include "file_layout.h"

and we assume the user has -Iprefix/cephfs/.

but in the build tree, include/cephfs isn't an includes path used,
hence the symlink.

> 2) There's already a ceph_file_layout struct which is used "widely"
> (MDS, kernel, userspace client). It also has an accompanying function
> that does basic validity checks.

I avoided ceph_file_layout because I was under the impression that all
of the __le64 stuff in it was very much Linux-specific. I had run into
a lot of this hacking on an OSX port.

> FYI, there's an "unused" __le32 in the open struct (used to be for
> preferred PG). We should be able to steal that away without too much
> pain or massaging! :)

Nice. Do you think I should revert back to using ceph_file_layout?

Thanks,
Noah