Am 27.11.2012 23:50, schrieb Josh Durgin:
On 11/27/2012 01:16 AM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
Am 26.11.2012 21:00, schrieb Dan Mick:
As for fstrim: on the rbd image?....sure, if it's a filesystem, it ought
to work (modulo some bugs I've heard about with 32-bit vs. 64-bit
offsets in qemu... :) )
it works fine with my patches i send to qemu. But right now they're no
upstream an nobody of the qemu people answers anymore. So right now i'll
keep my patches and be lucky others can't use RBD and fstrim. So maybe
inktank should push this a bit more to the qemu people.

If you could send another version with PATCHv3 instead of PATCH in the
subject, and a description of the changes since the last version between
the --- and the diffstat, the qemu folks would probably appreciate it.

No idea how to archieve this with git send-email ;-( But still more important is also the patch for discards...

scripts/checkpatch.pl in qemu.git will warn you about style issues like
the conditionals without braces.

Thank!

0001-rbd-block-driver-fix-race-between-aio-completition-a.patch has no obvious style problems and is ready for submission.

Stefan