I've pushed up patches for the first phase of testing read from
replica functionality, which looks only at objecter/client level ops:

   wip-localized-read-tests

The major points are:

  1. Run libcephfs tests w/ and w/o localized reads enabled
  2. Add the performance counter in Objecter to record ops sent to replica
  3. Add performance counter accessor in unit tests

Locally I have verified that the performance counters are working with
a 3 OSD setup, although there are not yet any unit tests that try to
specifically assert a positive value on the counters.

Thanks,
Noah