On Monday, January 14, 2013 08:51:57 Alexis GÜNST HORN wrote:
> At the end, the client mountpoint become unresponsive, and the only
> way is to force reboot.

I am going to throw this out there as I've seen something similar, but not
with ceph.  Back in 2005-ish I was experimenting with ATA over Ethernet.
Running bonnie++ against the targets or some such. During the tests, they
would just hang, and I couldn't kill the process, just had to reboot.

What it ended up being was the I/O (or bonnie++ ?) was using so much memory
Linux wasn't allocating space for network buffers, killing network I/O. Well,
since this was a network block file system, that was kind of crucial, and the
mount points would hang, and they wouldn't recover.

Again, I have no idea if this has anything to do with your issue, but the
"lots of I/O followed by a hang requiring a reboot" rang bells...just maybe
not the right ones. :)

Joshua J. Kugler - Fairbanks, Alaska
Azariah Enterprises - Programming and Website Design
jos...@azariah.com - Jabber: pedah...@gmail.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A