Hi everyone,

quick question: can I get ceph to replicate a bunch of files to every
host in compute cluster and then have those hosts read those files from
local disk?

TFM looks like a custom crush map should get the files to [osd on] every
host, but I'm not clear on the read step: do I need an mds on every host
and mount the fs off localhost's mds?

(We've $APP running on the cluster, normally one instance/cpu core, that
mmap's (read only) ~30GB of binary files. I/O over NFS kills the cluster
even with a few hosts. Currently the files are rsync'ed to every host at
the start of the batch; that'll only scale to a few dozen hosts at best.)

TIA,
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin