Hi Ceph developers,

in order to represent NFS-frontend to CephFS data storage we are trying to use
innovative Open-By-Handle API from 'src/include/cephfs/libcephfs.h' file, which
is of 'wip-libcephfs' branch at the moment. API looks quite consistent and
useful but we couldn't find a method to get a pointer to root inode of the
mounted Ceph filesystem.

At the moment we have found only one place, where it could be fetched from: an
'Inode* root' member from the 'Client' class ('src/client/Client.h') but it is
in 'protected' section, so some hack is needed (e.g. to introduce a Client's
descendant, which is providing a method to acces this protected member). Do you
know, how to fetch a pointer to the root inode of the mounted Ceph filesystem
without any hacking (using just an official CephFS API only)?

Thank you and best wishes,
Ilya V. Storozhilov
EPAM Systems
Lead Software Engineer

P.S. What do you think about to make 'Open-By-Handle' API to be a primary and
not low-level API to CephFS and to make POSIX-like API to be just a helper
addendum to it?--