Just out of curiosity (recent thread about windows port) I just had a quick go
at compiling librados under mingw (win32 cross compile), and one of the errors
that popped up was the lack of libuuid under mingw. Ceph appears to use
libuuid, but I notice boost appears to include a uuid class too, and it seems
that ceph already uses some of boost (which already builds under mingw).

Is there anything special about libuuid that would mean boost's uuid class
couldn't replace it? And would it be better to still use ceph's uuid.h as a
wrapper around the boost uuid class, or to modify ceph to use the boost uuid
class directly?

Thanks

James