Hi cephers,
Most recently I am drafting the run books for OSD disk replacement, I think the
rule of thumb is to reduce data migration (recover/backfill), and I thought the
following procedure should achieve the purpose:
  1. ceph osd out osd.XXX (mark it out to trigger data migration)
  2. ceph osd rm osd.XXX
  3. ceph auth rm osd.XXX
  4. provision a new OSD which will take XXX as the OSD id and migrate data
back.

With the above procedure, the crush weight of the host never changed so that we
can limit the data migration only for those which are neccesary.

Does it make sense?

Thanks,
Guang--