On 22/08/14 12:49, Sage Weil wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
On 22/08/14 03:23, Sage Weil wrote:
I've pushed the patch to wip-filejournal.  Mark, can you test please?

I've tested wip-filejournal and looks good (25 test runs, good journal header
each time).

Thanks!  Merged.

Excellent.

One thing that does still concern me - if I understand what is happening here correctly: we write to the journal using aio until we want to stop doing writes (presumably pre closing it), then use normal io to write at that point.

Given that we appear to be using direct io whenever we use aio, does this mean we end up mixing direct and buffered io to the journal [1] (or is the normal i.e non aio write still using direct io)?

Cheers

Mark

[1] which I understand is bad...