Hi,

On 2014-09-18 12:34:49 +0000, Andreas Joachim Peters wrote:

> there is more confusion atleast on my side ...
>
> I had now a look at the jerasure plug-in and I am now slightly
> confused why you have two ways to return in get_alignment ... one is
> as I assume and another one is "per_chunk_alignment" ... what should
> the function return Loic?

the per_chunk_alignment is just a bool which says that each chunk has to
start at an aligned address.

get_alignement() seems to be used to align the chunk size.

It might come from gf-complete' strange alignment requirements. Instead
of requiring aligned buffers it requires that src and dst buffer have
the same remainder when divided by 16. The best way to archieve that is
to align the length to 16 and use a single buffer.

I agree it's convoluted.

Janne