On Mon, 29 Sep 2014, Milosz Tanski wrote:
> A second more general Ceph question is somewhat off-topic. What about
> C++11 use in the Ceph code base (like in this case)? It's not
> explicitly prohibited by the coding style document, but I imagine the
> goal is to build on as many systems as possible and quite a few
> supported distros have pretty old versions of GCC. I'm asking this
> because I imagine some of the performance work that's about to happen
> will want to use things like lockless queues, and then you get into
> C++11 memory model and std::atomic... etc.

We are all very eager to move to C++11.  The challenge is that we still
need to build packages for the target distros.  That doesn't necessarily
mean that the compilers on those distros need to support c++11 as long as
the runtime does... if we can make the build enviroment sane.

I'm really curious what other projects do here...

sage