On 01/14/2015 04:32 PM, Blinick, Stephen L wrote:
I went back and grabbed 87 and built it on RHEL7 as well, and performance is
also similar (much better).  I've also run it on a few systems (Dual socket
10-core E5v2,  Dual socket 6-core E5v3).  So, it's related to my switch to
RHEL7, and not to the code changes between v0.90 and v0.87.     Will post when
I get more data.

Stephen, you are practically writing press releases for the RHEL guys here! ;)

Mark

Thanks,

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: ceph-devel-ow...@vger.kernel.org
[mailto:ceph-devel-ow...@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Blinick, Stephen L
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:06 AM
To: Ceph Development
Subject: Memstore performance improvements v0.90 vs v0.87

In the process of moving to a new cluster (RHEL7 based) I grabbed v0.90,
compiled RPM's and re-ran the simple local-node memstore test I've run on .80 -
.87.  It's a single Memstore OSD and a single Rados Bench client locally on the
same node.  Increasing queue depth and measuring latency /IOPS.  So far, the
measurements have been consistent across different hardware and code releases
(with about a 30% improvement with the OpWQ Sharding changes that came in after
Firefly).

These are just very early results, but I'm seeing a very large improvement in
latency and throughput with v90 on RHEL7.   Next  I'm working to get lttng
installed and working in RHEL7 to determine where the improvement is.   On
previous levels, these measurements have been roughly the same using a real
(fast) backend (i.e. NVMe flash), and I will verify here as well.   Just
wondering if anyone else has measured similar improvements?

100% Reads or Writes, 4K Objects, Rados Bench

========================
V0.87: Ubuntu 14.04LTS

*Writes*
#Thr    IOPS    Latency(ms)