On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Somnath Roy <somnath....@sandisk.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Please find the preliminary performance numbers of TCP Vs RDMA (XIO)
> implementation (on top of SSDs) in the following link.
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/somnathroy7568/ceph-on-rdma
>
> The attachment didn't go through it seems, so, I had to use slideshare.
>
> Mark,
> If we have time, I can present it in tomorrow's performance meeting.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Somnath

Those numbers are really impressive (for small numbers at least)! What
are TCP settings you using?For example, difference can be lowered on
scale due to less intensive per-connection acceleration on CUBIC on a
larger number of nodes, though I do not believe that it was a main
reason for an observed TCP catchup on a relatively flat workload such
as fio generates.