All IO drops to ZERO IOPS for 1-15 minutes during the deep-scrub on my cluster.
There is clearly a locking bug!

I have VMs - every day, several times, sometime on all of them disk IO
_completely_ stops. Disk queue is growing, 0 IOPS are performed, services are
dying with timeouts... At the same time the CEPH (where the VM images are
stored) is doing a deep scrub. No fiddling with priorities and number of
different threads are helping. Actually, making the scrub slower makes those
delays longer - so there is clearly a bug with locking.

I am experiencing this for two years already, since then we tried everything
and upgraded our cluster several times! Nothing helps!