Good day,

We have a Ceph cluster and make use of object-storage and integrate
with OpenStack. Each OpenStack project/tenant is given a radosgw user
which allows all keystone users of that project to access the
object-storage as that single radosgw user. The radosgw user is the
project id of the OpenStack project/tenant.

Sometimes we have use cases where we want to access the object-storage
outside of the swift-api and use tools like the aws-cli or homebrew
java applications to access the object storage. For this use case what
we do is generate S3 access/secret key for the specific radosgw user
and they have full access to the object storage for that OpenStack
project/tenant.

What we want to know is if it is possible to provide granular access
to containers within a single OpenStack project using S3 access keys
or S3 sub-users? I know that the Swift API has ACL's that can limit by
keystone user but we are exploring the possibility of doing this using
S3 and S3 bucket policies so that the tools our team are developing
(open source) are more transferrable to AWS S3 and Rados GW.

Thanks all,

Jared Baker
Cloud Architect, OICR