On 17/09/2019 14:14, Alfredo Deza wrote:
> * Impossible to 'pin' to a version. User installs 14.2.0 and 4 months
> later they add other nodes but version moved to 14.2.2

I dynamically generate a pin for the ceph .deb files in ansible using
the tasks below.  IIRC the ceph-deploy package doesn't follow the same
versioning but I'm not using that tool.  Hope others might find this useful.

James

- name: "get ceph Package list"
   set_fact:
     ceph_version: "14.2.3*"
     ceph_packages: "{{ lookup('url',
'http://download.ceph.com/debian-nautilus/dists/bionic/main/binary-amd64/Packages',
wantlist=True) | select('match', '^Package: *') | sort | list }}"
   run_once: yes

- name: "generate apt pin for ceph"
   template:
     src: "{{ playbook_dir }}/tasks/apt-ceph-pin.j2"
     dest: /etc/apt/preferences.d/ceph
     mode: 0644
     owner: root
     group: root

The template is:

{% for pin in ceph_packages %}
{{ pin }}
Pin: version {{ ceph_version }}
Pin-Priority: 1001

{% endfor %}
Zynstra is a private limited company registered in England and Wales
(registered number 07864369). Our registered office and Headquarters are at The
Innovation Centre, Broad Quay, Bath, BA1 1UD. This email, its contents and any
attachments are confidential. If you have received this message in error please
delete it from your system and advise the sender immediately.