Hey Dan,

We've got three rgws with the following configuration:

   - We're running 12.2.12 with civit web.
   - 3 RGW's with haproxy round robin
   - 32 GiB RAM (handles = 4, thread pool = 512)
   - We run mon+mgr+rgw on the same hardware.

Looking at our grafana dashboards, I don't see us running out of free
memory, they hover around 5 GB free (but sometimes lower).

>From my quick tests (a fair while ago) I found making  more handles
eventually lead to OOMs.

Currently, we've been getting some "connection reset by peer" (errno
104)...  from client reads, which I suspect is due to the low handles
setting.

We plan to move the rgws onto 125 GiB beefier machines.

Cheers,
Tom

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 6:14 PM Dan van der Ster <d...@vanderster.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have a good config for lower memory radosgw machines?
> We have 16GB VMs and our radosgw's go OOM when we have lots of
> parallel clients (e.g. I see around 500 objecter_ops via the rgw
> asok).
>
> Maybe lowering rgw_thread_pool_size from 512 would help?
>
> (This is running latest luminous).
>
> Thanks, Dan

Thomas Bennett

Storage Engineer at SARAO