So now that 12.2.13 has been released, now I will have a mixed environment if I
use Ubuntu 18.04 repo 12.2.12

I also found there is a docker container https://hub.docker.com/r/ceph/daemon I
could potentially just use the container to run the version I need. Wondering
if anyone has done this in production?

Managing the ubuntu repos for ceph has not been easy to say the least :(
Found this ticket but looks dead https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/24326