Den tors 6 feb. 2020 kl 15:06 skrev Mario Giammarco <mgiamma...@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> if I have a pool with replica 3 what happens when one replica is corrupted?

The PG on which this happens will turn from active+clean to
active+inconsistent.

> I suppose ceph detects bad replica using checksums and replace it with good
> one

There is a "osd fix on error = true/false" setting (whose name I can't
remember right
off the bat now) which controls this. If false, you need to "ceph pg
repair" it, then
it happens as you describe.

> If I have a pool with replica 2 what happens?

Same.

Except with repl=2, you run a higher chance of surprises* on the remaining
replica
while the first one is bad until it gets repaired.

*) ie, data loss, tears and less sleep for ceph admins