Am 03.07.20 um 20:29 schrieb Dimitri Savineau:
> You can try to use ceph-ansible which supports baremetal and containerized
> deployment.
>
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible

Thanks for the pointer!
I know about ceph-ansible. The problem is that our full infrastructure is
Puppet-based, so mixing in a different configuration management
will increase complexity (while ceph-deploy is really good at filling the gaps,
ceph-ansible seems overkill for us).

Additionally, all existing users of ceph-ansible I have talked to and asked
about their experiences have responded with a heavy sigh and painful face,
mentioning there were regular issues during usage, so I am reluctant to try it
out with zero ansible experience myself.

Of course, no solution ever is perfect, but I really believe a classic
"unix-style" solution (i.e. being modular) which can be combined with others
is essential for any project.
If there are only full-fledged "all-in-one" solutions such as Ansible or
container orchestration, this may be good for many cases,
but can never cover all user requirements, since it can't be integrated into
existing workflows and infrastructures as well as a lightweight module
I can either use in full or only use parts of. To me, that's part of the Open
Source freedom.

Cheers,
        Oliver