Hi Dan,

thanks for your reply. There is still a problem.

Firstly, I did indeed forget to restart the mon even though I looked at the
help for mon_osd_down_out_subtree_limit and it says it requires a restart.
Stupid me. Well, now I did a restart and it still doesn't work. Here is the
situation:

# ceph config dump | grep subtree
  mon                      advanced mon_osd_down_out_subtree_limit    host
                                                   *
  mon                      advanced mon_osd_reporter_subtree_level    datacenter

# ceph config get mon.ceph-01 mon_osd_down_out_subtree_limit
host

# ceph daemon mon.ceph-01 config get mon_osd_down_out_subtree_limit
{
    "mon_osd_down_out_subtree_limit": "rack"
}

# ceph config show mon.ceph-01 | grep subtree
mon_osd_down_out_subtree_limit rack                           default
    mon
mon_osd_reporter_subtree_level datacenter                     mon

The default overrides the mon config database setting. What is going on here? I
restarted all 3 monitors.

Best regards and thanks for your help,
Frank Schilder
AIT Risø Campus