As far as I know, bluestore doesn't like super small sizes. Normally odd
should stop doing funny things as full mark, but if device is too small it
may be too late and bluefs run out of space.

Two things:
1. Don't use too small osd
2. Have a spare area on the drive. I usually reserve 1% for emergency
extension (and to give ssd firmware a bit if space to breath).