On 2020-09-23 11:00, Frank Schilder wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> maybe someone has experienced this before. We are setting up a SAMBA gateway
> and would like to use the vfs_ceph module. In case of several file systems
> one needs to choose an mds namespace. There is an option in ceph.conf:
>
>   client mds namespace = CEPH-FS-NAME
>
> Unfortunately, it seems not to work. I tried it in all possible versions, in
> [global] and [client], with and without "client" at the beginning, to no
> avail. I either get a time out or an error. I also found the libcephfs
> function

In ceph/src/common/options.cc I found this:

    Option("client_fs", Option::TYPE_STR, Option::LEVEL_ADVANCED)
    .set_flag(Option::FLAG_STARTUP)
    .set_default("")
    .set_description("CephFS file system name to mount")
    .set_long_description("Use this with ceph-fuse, or with any process "
        "that uses libcephfs.  Programs using libcephfs may also pass "
        "the filesystem name into mount(), which will override this
setting. "
        "If no filesystem name is given in mount() or this setting, the
default "
        "filesystem will be mounted (usually the first created)."),

    /* Alias for client_fs. Deprecated */
    Option("client_mds_namespace", Option::TYPE_STR, Option::LEVEL_DEV)
    .set_flag(Option::FLAG_STARTUP)
    .set_default(""),

So the client_mds_namespace is deprecated, and maybe even removed? Does
it work if you specify "client_fs"?

Gr. Stefan