Hi all,

I’m new to ceph. I recently deployed a ceph cluster with cephadm. Now I want to
add a single new OSD daemon with a db device on SSD. But I can’t find any
documentation about this.

I have tried:

  1.  Using web dashboard. This requires at least one filter to proceed (type,
vendor, model or size). But I just want to select the block device manually.
  2.  Using ‘ceph orch apply osd -i spec.yml’. This is also filter based.
  3.  Using ‘ceph orch daemon add osd host:device’. Seems I cannot specify my
SSD db device in this way.
  4.  On the target host, run ‘cephadm shell’ then ceph-volume prepare and
activate. But ceph-volume seems can’t create systemd service outside the
container like ‘ceph orch’ does.
  5.  On the target host, run ‘cephadm ceph-volume’, but it requires a json
config file, I can’t figure out what is that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.