From: Eugen Block <ebl...@nde.ag>
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 9:00 AM
To: Paul Mezzanini
Cc: ceph-users@ceph.io
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Re: Mon went down and won't come back

So the mon_host line is without a port, correct, just the IP?

Zitat von Paul Mezzanini <pfm...@rit.edu>:

Relevant ceph.conf file lines:
[global]
mon initial members = ceph-mon-01,ceph-mon-03
mon host = IPFor01,IPFor03
mon max pg per osd = 400
mon pg warn max object skew = -1

[mon]
mon allow pool delete = true

ceph config has:
global                  advanced mon_max_pg_per_osd
           400
global                  advanced mon_pg_warn_max_object_skew
           -1.000000
global                  dev
mon_warn_on_pool_pg_num_not_power_of_two       false
mon                    advanced mon_allow_pool_delete
          true

I'm slowly pulling it all into ceph config and I just haven't sat
down to verify it and deploy the stub config everywhere.   Non power
of two is set because i'm slowly walking a pool back to a lower PG
num and I was sick of the health warn :)  (same with max pg per osd
but I'm well under 400 now so I could purge that line)

Again, lightly sanitized.  The actual IP's do match forward and reverse DNS.

--
Paul Mezzanini
Sr Systems Administrator / Engineer, Research Computing

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
destroy any copies of this information.