Hi,

I haven't done that myself yet but I would assume that stopping the second gateway and removing the secondary zone [1] should do no harm to the master zone, assuming that it was always synced from master to secondary, not bidirectional.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/radosgw/multisite/#remove-a-zone-from-a-zone-group

Zitat von Markus Gans <g...@teamnet.de>:

Hello everybody,

we are running a multisite (active/active) gateway on 2 ceph clusters.
One production and one backup cluster.
Now we make a backup with rclone from the master and don't need anymore the second Gateway.

What is the best way to shutdown the second Gateway and remove the multisite sync from the master without lost of the data on the master site.

greetings
Markus