On 2020-11-13 21:19, E Taka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to install Ceph Octopus on Ubuntu 20.04. The nodes for have 2
> network interfaces: 192.168.1.0/24 for the cluster network, and a
> 10.10.0.0/16 is the public network. When I bootstrap with cephadm, which
> Network do I use? That means, do i use cephadm bootstrap --mon-ip
> 192.168.1.1 or do I have to use the other network?
>
> When adding the other host with ceph orch, which network I have to use:
> ceph orch host add ceph03i 192.168.20.2 …  (or the 10.10 network)

I found the following info in the documentation:

"You need to know which IP address to use for the cluster’s first
monitor daemon. This is normally just the IP for the first host. If
there are multiple networks and interfaces, be sure to choose one that
will be accessible by any host accessing the Ceph cluster."

So that would be the public network in your case. See [1].

Just curious: why do you want to use separate networks? You might as
well use bonded interfaces on the public network (i.e. LACP) and have
more redundancy there. I figure that you might even make more effective
use of the bandwidth as well.

Gr. Stefan

[1]:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephadm/install/#bootstrap-a-new-cluster