On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 12:24 AM George Yil <georgeyi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> May I ask if it can be dynamically changed and any disadvantages should be
> expected?

Unless there's some magic I'm unaware of, there is no way to
dynamically change this. Each OSD must be recreated with the new
min_alloc_size setting. In production systems this can be quite the
chore, since the safest way to accomplish this is to drain the OSD
(set it 'out', use CRUSH map changes, or use upmaps), recreate it, and
then repopulate it. With automation this can run in the background.
Given how much room you have currently you may be able to do this
host-at-a-time by storing a host's data on the other hosts in a given
rack (though I don't remember what your CRUSH tree looks like so maybe
you can't do this and maintain host independence).

The downside is potentially more tracking metadata at the OSD level,
though I understand that Nautilus has made improvements here. I'm not
up to speed on the latest state in this area, though.

Josh