Thanks for the replies folks.

This one was resolved, I wish I could tell you I know what I changed to fix
it, but there were several undocumented changes to the deployment script
I'm using whilst I was distracted by something else.. Tearing down and
redeploying today seems to not be suffering from this particular issue.

I do have a new thing though, less concerning.  I'll start a new thread..