This thread would not be so long if docker/containers solved the problems,
but it did not. It solved some, but introduced new ones. So we cannot
really say its better now.

Again, I think focus should more on a working ceph with clean documentation
while leaving software management, packages to admins. And staticilly
linked binaries would certinly solve dependecy hell and "how to support
other environments" for most of the cases.