On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 5:14 PM Robert W. Eckert <r...@rob.eckert.name> wrote:

> I have had the same issue with the windows client.
> I had to issue
>         ceph config set mon auth_expose_insecure_global_id_reclaim false
> Which allows the other clients to connect.
> I think you need to restart the monitors as well, because the first few times
> I tried this, I still couldn't connect.

For archive's sake, I'd like to mention that disabling
auth_expose_insecure_global_id_reclaim isn't right and it wasn't
intended for this.  Enabling auth_allow_insecure_global_id_reclaim
should be enough to allow all (however old) clients to connect.
The fact that it wasn't enough for the available Windows build
suggests that there is some subtle breakage in it because all "expose"
does is it forces the client to connect twice instead of just once.
It doesn't actually refuse old unpatched clients.

(The breakage isn't surprising given that the available build is
more or less a random development snapshot with some pending at the
time Windows-specific patches applied.  I'll try to escalate issue
and get the linked MSI bundle updated.)

Thanks,

                Ilya