Den tis 10 aug. 2021 kl 21:59 skrev Ralph Soika <ralph.so...@imixs.com>:
> communicate via public IPs. I did some tests and - not surprising - the
> network performance is going down to 500Mbit/s between two nodes in two
> different data centers.
> My questions are:
>
>  1. Is 500Mbit/s to slow to run a ceph cluster?

This means the optimal read/write speed would be 50MB/s at most if the
client is not at the same DC as the primary OSD it wants to write to,
which is ~1/4 of what you get from a decent spin drive.

In case you have repl=3, OSDs at both sites and at least some data
needs to get copied back again over the link, the speed might drop
again leaving you with something like 25MB/s at most. Regardless of if
your dual DC set up is perfect in all other regards, this cap on speed
would probably be noticeable to all clients.