From: Janne Johansson <icepic...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 3:16 PM
To: Szabo, Istvan (Agoda) <istvan.sz...@agoda.com>
Cc: Ceph Users <ceph-users@ceph.io>
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Max object size GB or TB in a bucket

Email received from the internet. If in doubt, don't click any link nor open
any attachment !
________________________________

Den fre 20 aug. 2021 kl 09:20 skrev Szabo, Istvan (Agoda)
<istvan.sz...@agoda.com>:

> S3cmd chunks 15MB.

No, s3cmd chunks the size you tell it to, but defaults to some value.

  --multipart-chunk-size-mb=SIZE
                        Size of each chunk of a multipart upload. Files bigger
                        than SIZE are automatically uploaded as multithreaded-
                        multipart, smaller files are uploaded using the
                        traditional method. SIZE is in Mega-Bytes, default
                        chunk size is 15MB, minimum allowed chunk size is 5MB,
                        maximum is 5GB.

> “ Max put size for one piece is 5G above, times 10k pieces.”

> I don’t think so, max put size I think if not multipart file, isn’t it?

It is for the part.